November 30, 2018
TO: The Residents of Robesonia, Wernersville, and Womelsdorf PA
RE: Trash and Recycling Collection - changes for 2019
Dear Friends and Neighbors:
The Robesonia-Wernersville-Womelsdorf Council of Governments (COG) just finished negotiating terms of service with County Waste to settle potential Litigation for Trash and Recycling pickup in 2019. Because of changing economic conditions in the international recycling markets, County Waste had informed the COG that they were not going to perform in 2019 which was contrary to our contract with them. Both parties have worked very hard over the last few months to come to a settlement thus avoiding costly and lengthy litigation and to ensure service would continue into the new year.
The following changes for trash and recycling will begin on January 1st, 2019:
- Trash Pickup in WOMELSDORF will now be on Tuesdays
- Trash Pickup in WERNERSVILLE will now be on Wednesdays
- Trash Pickup in ROBESONIA will now be on Fridays
- Recycling will continue on Thursdays for all three municipalities
- Recycling will NO LONGER INCLUDE GLASS. Residents who wish to recycle glass may refer to the Berks County Recycling Center at www.co.berks.pa.us/recycling/
- The cost of trash and recycling pickup will increase.
Refer to your respective Borough for the amount of your increase.
We also ask you to remember the following when recycling:
- Please do not use plastic bags to put out your recycling; just use the bins with the YELLOW graphics provided. NO PLASTIC BAGS PERIOD
- For HOLIDAYS and SEVERE WEATHER — Trash & Recycling will be picked up one day later in the schedule in a week that has either a holiday or a snow day before or on regular pickup days. Make sure you don't leave recycling out on Trash pickup days.
- Other questions regarding these services may be directed to your respective borough offices or by calling County Waste's Tremount office at 570-234-0514 or 570-695-2765, or their NY office at (888) 54-WASTE, or online: www.county-waste.com.
R-W-W Council of Governments (COG)
Robesonia: 610-693-3474 | Wernersville: 610-678-1486 | Womelsdorf: 610-589-4725