Welcome to the Robesonia-Wernersville-Womelsdorf Council of Governments (COG) web site ...
REMEMBER: here in the Robesonia-Wernersville-Womelsdorf Trash COG, we have SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING — which means all paper products/cardboard go in the recycling can! You CAN bundle cardboard or put paper in Kraft bags next to your can, but that is not the preferred way! NO GLASS. NO PLASTIC BAGS FULL OF RECYCLED MATERIALS. Thank you.
The Robesonia-Wernersville-Womelsdorf Council of Governments (COG) just awarded a 3 Year Contract to Advanced Disposal for trash and recycling collection starting in 2020. Due to the changing conditions in the recycling market, there will be a substantial increase in your trash & recycling bill.
County Waste will be performing their last recycling collection on Friday, December 27th. All residents must put out their blue recycling can, even if it is empty. After collecting the recyclables, County Waste will then be collecting the cans. (which are owned by County Waste)
Before the 1st of the year, you will be receiving a new Recycling Can from Advanced Disposal.
All three Boroughs have updated trash & recycling ordinances that make recycling mandatory, that is why we supply recycling containers. The new containers will be grey with a yellow lid.
The following changes for trash and recycling will begin on January 1st, 2020:
- New collection days for the COG:
- Monday: Womelsdorf Trash
- Tuesday: Robesonia Trash
- Wednesday: Wernersville Trash
- Thursday: Robesonia/Wernersville Recycling
- Friday: Womelsdorf Recycling
- Recycling will NO LONGER INCLUDE GLASS. Residents who wish to recycle glass may refer to the Berks County Recycling Center at www.co.berks.pa.us/recycling
- The cost of trash & recycling pickup will increase starting January 1st, 2020. Please see your respective borough web sites for your quarterly and annual costs.
- Limit of (4) thirty-five gallon bags or cans for trash
- No bulk items or construction materials permitted
- All shredded paper should be put in the trash
- We also ask you to remember the following when recycling:
- Please do not use plastic bags to put out your recycling: Only use the "New" bins provided with the YELLOW Lids. NO PLASTIC BAGS PERIOD!!!
- ALL mixed paper including: newsprint, cardboard, corrugated boxes, magazines, office paper, junk mail, paperback books, phone books, cereal boxes and boxes to be collected may be commingled in Kraft paper bags or bundled together with twine.
- For the HOLIDAYS and SEVERE WEATHER — Trash and Recycling will be picked up one day later in the schedule in a week that has either a holiday or a snow day before or on regular pickup days. Make sure you don't leave recycling out on Trash Pickup Days.
Other questions regarding these services may be directed to your borough office (610-693-3474) or by calling Advanced Disposal at 1-800-710-1333 or through their website at www.advanceddisposal.com.
Bruce A. Edwards
Chairman R-W-W Council of Governments (COG)
Global changes to the Recycling industry affect local municipalities ...
Click to find out more ... (PDF)
Click to find out more ... (YOUTUBE VIDEO)